Pages

Sunday 3 May 2015

The Book Scenarios Tag



























Hello! After disappearing for so long I figured I should write another post. I love watching booktube videos on you tube and when I saw this tag I thought " I have to do that!" So here it is my book scenarios tag. I tag Danika and Brianna at https://abookishescape.wordpress.com  .Without further ado lets get into the post!

1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these three genres- contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?

Contemporary: Ok I'm gonna be honest here I have never really loved contemporary books but there are always some exceptions. I love John Green books but I don't see myself re-reading any of them and time soon so I don't think I would keep one of those. If I have to choose a contemporary that I love and would re-read over and over again I would have to choose Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I love this book and relate to it so much because like Cath I am an introvert, I love writing fan fiction and I have a twin. It is overall the perfect book for me. 


Fantasy: This is very difficult because I love fantasy. However I have to choose a Harry Potter book. I love Harry Potter and it is what jumps into my mind the moment I hear the word "fantasy." I loved all the Harry Potter book but The Deathly Hallows is definitely my favourite. It was the perfect mixture of laughter, tears and magic. It was a bittersweet ending to the series and will always be close to my heart.

























Non-fiction: I don't have a large collection of non-fiction books to choose from in the first place, but the moment I read this question I knew exactly what book I would pick. For christmas I received a book called Doctor Who the Vault, which is all about the filming process of Doctor Who which is one of my favourite shows. I love drama and learning about the filming of shows fascinates me. The book contains beautiful photography and overall I just love it.

Other genre: The final genre I would choose from is mystery. I love mystery and detective novel and if you've read my past posts I feel like you know where this is going. I would save my copy of the complete Sherlock Holmes. I have a copy of all the stories in one book so it counts for the question but I would still technically get nine books in one. Sherlock Holmes is one of my favourite series and my favourite characters so this is a clear choice for me.




















http://www.penguin.com.au/products/9780141040288/penguin-complete-sherlock-holmes

2. You're at the bookstore and you hear a teenager telling their mom they don't like to read, but their mom insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren't big on reading- what book is it?

Ok this is a tough question I am used to recommending books to my friends who like me all love reading with a fiery passion. I also feel like the kind of books someone likes depends a lot on the person. However I feel inclined to answer this question with a John Green book because his books are fairly short and incredibly well written. More specifically I think I would recommend An Abundance of Katherines because it is awesome, super funny and the lightest read of all his books in my opinion.



















http://worderella.com/2014/09/reading-abundance-katherines/

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?

If I'm going to be perfectly honest I would love to answer this question using a novel but, the book I always go to for a pick me up is actually a graphic novel by the stupendous blogger Allie Brosh. Her blog and the book in question are both called Hyperbole and a Half. The book is ridiculously funny but also very thoughtfully written with a lot of consideration for reasons why people can feel down. Overall it is perfect and funny and I've already read it a million times.




















4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you have most likely caught yourself reading?

Ok I am a teenager as of right now and the books I have been reading the most are the Sherlock Holmes books (surprise, surprise). So that would be my answer.

5. Your friend surprises you with a four day trip which you have an hour to pack for. What book do you take to read along the way?

If I have to choose one book to read on such a long trip I'm naturally going to pick a long book (no matter how heavy it is). The longest book in my to be read pile as of right now is In the Afterlight clocking in at 533 pages. If I was rushing to pack I would grab it and hope it would last me the whole trip.




















https://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/16150831-in-the-afterlight

6. Your house has been robbed! Don't worry- everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What's the book you hope is safe?

First of all I hope this never ever happens, I would cry. My answer to this question would be my third edition copy of The Sign of Four (the second Sherlock book). It was printed in London in 1893 and is in wonderful condition. Also those of you who love reading as much as me probably love the smell of books, and I gotta say if you ever have the pleasure of smelling a book printed in 1893 you will understand why I am so attached to this book.

7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) just pretend you hadn't noticed b) ask them to repurchase it or c) secretly do the same to something of theirs?

I would not do c because knowing my friends any damage to my books would be a complete mistake. I also feel like they would offer to repurchase the book, but if they didn't offer I would feel way to shy to ask so a seems like the most likely answer even though I would be upset.

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers to this tag and I hope to be back soon with another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment